Landlord insurance for serviced accommodation


Protecting serviced accommodation through every season

*Please note this is available at no extra charge if you take out a policy with MS Amlin. We have a panel of thirteen insurers, most of which offer cover for Legal Expenses.

Give us a call
01206 655 899
Or, we can call you
Long-term cover for short-term lets

For many landlords, serviced accommodation is a great way to bring in more money from a high turnover of tenants. But it’s vital that you have the right cover in place to protect your property.

Serviced accommodation can include:

  • A room or whole property let out on a nightly basis
  • A room or properties let out on a weekly basis (holiday lets)
  • Any short term let under a six-month tenancy agreement.

At Protect My Let, we offer flexible serviced accommodation insurance – providing the same sorts of cover to long-term lets, so you can rest assured your property’s protected. Plus, we can tailor your policy for seasonal lets – so if you let your property as serviced accommodation during the summer and negotiate longer tenancy agreements in winter, we can cover that too.

Complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your quote with you.


Key features of our serviced accommodation insurance
  • Loss of rent and alternative accommodation cover
  • Buildings and/or contents cover, including fixtures and fittings in flats
  • Accidental damage caused by tenants
  • Pursuit of rent arrears
  • Property owner liability
  • Malicious damage and theft by tenants
  • Complete insurance cover for buildings (fire, subsidence, storm, escape of water, flood, vandalism)
  • Cover for different construction types
  • Terrorism cover
  • Landlord legal expenses cover
  • Trace and access cover
  • Tenancy eviction cover, e.g. serving eviction notices
  • Portfolio cover (one renewal date for all your rentals)
Wooden gavel

Did you know?

We can provide legal expenses for up to £100,000 at no extra cost?*
  • Limit of Indemnity (per claim) £100,000
  • Legal defence
  • Recovery of rent arrears
  • Repossession of residential property
  • Property disputes
  • Property damage, nuisance and trespass

*Please note this is available at no extra charge if you take out a policy with MS Amlin. We have a panel of thirteen insurers, most of which offer cover for Legal Expenses.

Read our Policy Documents


I let my property on a three-month tenancy agreement: is this classed as serviced accommodation?

Yes, we can insure any length of let between one night and six months on a serviced accommodation basis.

Can I be covered for loss of rental income on a serviced accommodation policy?

Yes you can. We offer loss of rental income or cost of alternative accommodation cover if your property can’t be inhabited due to an insured risk.

I own a flat in a block and let this on a short-term basis: do I still need cover?

Yes you do. While the overall building may be covered within the freeholder’s policy – and you may even pay a building management or maintenance fee – you could still be liable for claims from the tenants who stay in your flat. It’s best to be protected.

I let my property weekly during the summer months, but stay there myself or let it longer term during the winter months: is there a policy for this?

Yes – our serviced accommodation policies also double up as holiday home cover and will cater for both situations, so you don’t need to worry.