Landlord insurance for student houses


Protecting your student lets – even when they’re empty

*Please note this is available at no extra charge if you take out a policy with MS Amlin. We have a panel of 8 insurers all of which include Legal Expenses.

Give us a call
01206 655 899
Or, we can call you
Covering student houses all year round

With over 2 million people studying in the UK in an average year, letting properties to students is a big part of the rental market. So it’s important to make sure you have the right landlord insurance for your student houses.

Student lets include:

  • Any residential house or flat that’s let to students
  • A property that’s let to just one or two students
  • A property that’s let to a group of students in a house in multiple occupation (HMO).

At Protect My Let, we can provide much of the same cover for student houses as you’d expect from any let type – and, don’t worry, we understand that the property might be empty or partly empty during the holidays, so we account for that too.

Complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss your quote with you.


Key features of our student accommodation insurance
  • Loss of rent and alternative accommodation cover
  • Pursuit of rent arrears
  • Malicious damage and theft by tenants
  • Accidental damage caused by tenants
  • Tenancy eviction cover, e.g. serving eviction notices
  • Portfolio cover (one renewal date for all your rentals)
  • Property owner liability
  • Buildings and/or contents cover, including fixtures and fittings in flats
  • Complete insurance cover for buildings (fire, subsidence, storm, escape of water, flood, vandalism)
  • Cover for different construction types
  • Terrorism cover
  • Landlord legal expenses cover
  • Trace and access cover.
Wooden gavel

MDRBRY Wooden gavel on a white background. Law and justice concept

Did you know?

We can provide legal expenses for up to £100,000 at no extra cost?*
  • Limit of Indemnity (per claim) £100,000
  • Legal defence
  • Recovery of rent arrears**
  • Repossession of residential property**
  • Property disputes
  • Property damage, nuisance and trespass

*Please note the listed covers are available at no extra charge if you take out a policy with MS Amlin. We have a panel of 8 insurers all of which include Legal Expenses.

**Please see our Covid-19 FAQs section to understand the current restrictions in place for using this cover.

Read our Policy Documents


My student properties are normally left unoccupied for extended periods during the holidays – does my policy cover this?

Yes, we can make sure your policy covers the times when your student property is left empty during the holidays. Just make sure you continue to follow any policy conditions you may have.

Can I get cover for any damage caused to my property by the students I let to?

Of course. We offer policies that can protect your property from damage caused by students.