Buy-To-Let Insurance

  • Get a Landlords Insurance quote and see what you can save this renewal. We can beat any quote for the same cover.
  • Request a quote online and we’ll call you back to talk you through it.
  • Range of tenant types covered: professionals, DSS and Students
  • Find out more on our Landlord Insurance page

Need Buy-to-Let Insurance for your property?

Ensuring your buy-to-let property is appropriately insured should be high on the priority list for your investment. This is where buy-to-let insurance kicks in, which is specialist cover designed for people who rent out properties. This type of insurance is often also referred to as let property insurance and will cover amongst other items liability as owner of the building.

As a let property owner, you know your needs often differ to those of other landlords. You need a flexible policy with optional cover such as employer’s liability, terrorism and rent indemnity, but it should all be delivered within a competitive buy-to-let insurance quote.

It is quite often the case that some providers of let property insurance quotes will not be available to talk to over the phone, however rest assured that if you have a question about your buy-to-let quote simply pick up the phone and Protect my Let will be happy to help.

Things To Know

Buy-to-let insurance for your buildings can also be purchased with contents cover if you provide furnished property to your tenants. If you need contents cover then liability for contents is automatically included within the quote.

Let Property InsuranceBuildings CoverContents Cover
Fire, Theft, Storm, Flood*, ExplosionYesYes
Escape of Oil and WaterYesYes
Subsidence, Landslip and Heave*YesYes
Liability CoverYesYes
Accidental Damage to Fixed GlassYesYes
Loss of Rent and the Cost of Alternative Accommodation25% of Sum Insured25% of Sum Insured

* Flood and subsidence cover subject to postcode

As with most insurance products available there are some items which insurers are unable to cover on let property insurance. Specialist cover will be needed for property undergoing renovation or if it is without a tenant for a significant period of time. Other restrictions will apply if the property is not occupied for periods in excess of 14 days.

Optional Extras

Landlord Insurance Legal Cover

Legal expenses are automatically included on our buy-to-let insurance quotes to give you that extra peace of mind. Benefit from up to £100,000 cover for legal expenses for a variety of disputes and defences, repossession of the property and recovery of rent arrears.

Rent Indemnity cover options are also available which can pay rent owed to you. This cover requires you to have performed a tenant reference on the tenant(s) before they took occupation of the property and have a signed tenancy agreement in place.

Other excesses, terms and conditions apply so please read the full wording to ensure you qualify for this cover.

Here To Help

Mon – Fri
9.00am – 5.00pm

01206 771 260

Request A Callback

Existing Customers

If an incident occurs please get in touch with
the Insurer immediately or as soon as possible.

How To Make A Claim


Common insurance questions from landlords.

Visit Our FAQ page